Due to the limited capacity of our festival, the number of media credentials available is also limited. Guidelines have been created to help us with the accreditation process.
Preference will be given to media outlets in the business of news-gathering as its primary source of revenue, and individuals applying for credentials must be professionally employed by news-gathering organizations.
Credentials will not be granted for those who sell photos or images.
In order to be considered for a media credential, a journalist must do the following to ease the accreditation process: Email firstname.lastname@example.org, and state “Media Access to S&T” as your subject line by Friday, May 18, 2018. The following needs to be indicated in your email:
- Media organization/outlet name and format (broadcast, print or on-line)
- Assigning Editor/producer name and phone number
- Journalist name, cell number and email address
- How you plan to present your coverage (review, feature, blog, etc.)
- The dates you are requesting access for (not the acts/the dates please)
- The number of passes you require (if you require more than one, why do you need more than one?)
- The readership, viewership, listenership for your media outlet (if website or blog, how many hits are you receiving? Sending along a screenshot of your google analytics will go a long way towards authenticating your claims)
- How you plan to preview the Festival and promote it to your audience in advance of the Stars and Thunder Timmins International Fireworks Competition and Music Festival.
Please be brief in your explanations.
Submission of required information does not guarantee credential approval.
Limited capacity means that priority will be given to journalists on assignment for daily newspapers, magazines and weekly newspapers, local television affiliates, radio, approved and well-established websites, wire services. If you would like to interview artists onsite at the event, you must provide this written request no later than Friday, May 18, 2018. (Subject to artist approval)
If you will be arranging interviews directly with an artist, their label or management team, please issue a note of courtesy to the publicists for Stars and Thunder. If you would like to conduct these interviews onsite, we MUST be advised in advance (email@example.com)
Please Note: Media who are granted access will need to follow the rules set out here. Any violation of these rules can result in immediate dismissal from the festival grounds. Access to front-of-stage photo area will NOT be granted until approved by artist management.